Host Users Group Request for Proposal for Annual Conference
The Host Users Group (HUG) Board of Directors is looking for the 2018 site to host our Annual conference. We’re currently taking Requests for Proposals (RFP) to bring the conference to your home property.
Please be aware that being the hosting property for the conference is considered to be a prestigious honor for a property from the membership. Your property will retain a great value in cost savings in travel and room & board costs by having the opportunity to allow your employees to attend as many educational sessions as they like during the duration of the conference for free (there is a fee for employees of the hosting property who wish to participate in meals and other functions above and beyond training sessions). Additionally, your property will have the distinct honor to host employees from some of the finest Luxury Resort properties the membership has to offer.
If your property is interested in submitting an RFP for the 2018 conference please review the basic requirements of being a host property. You must be able to meet these criteria in order to be considered to host the annual conference. Some points may be considered negotiable. There are considerations to be accepted by the host property for hosting this industry-specific event.
All Proposals must be submitted no later than April 17th, 2017 to Justin Davis at email@example.com, in order to be eligible for consideration. The board will review all submissions and narrow it down to two properties which will then be visited by a review board of (2) Board Members and the SMS Liaison to the board for final consideration.
For a property to be considered for selection, they need to be current with their HUG dues.
- Conference dates to be late-October to mid-November timeframe (must avoid travel or meeting on Oct 31st) Preferred dates:11/4-8,2018 Second choice 11/11–15,2018. Pattern something like:
- Estimating an attendance rate of 300-400 users. Property should also have the availability in meeting space to accommodate an overflow situation of an approximate 50 additional users.
- Rooming approximately 250 sleeping rooms (max on any given night).
- Conference meeting space to handle general sessions and up to 11 simultaneous breakout sessions.
- Close Proximity to an airport for easy travel is preferred.
- Resort to provide at no cost to customer: Sunday Night 2 hour “Welcome Reception” to include hosted bar and heavy hors d’ouevres.
- Tiered Attrition.
- Meeting Space rental fee waived.
- Back up space guaranteed for any outdoor events at no additional charge.
- Conference room rates two days pre and post conference and Precon meeting at conference rates.
- Pre-Conference Meeting in August including 9 guest rooms at Conference rate.
- Complimentary meeting room for Precon Meeting.
- Wi-Fi in all meeting rooms capable of handling up to 400 connected devices at one time. Free basic Wi-Fi in guest rooms; buy up plans for more bandwidth are acceptable and should be billed to the individual and not to the group master.
- Exhibit Table fee is waived and complimentary power to be provided to vendors
- All Internet and Audio Visual pricing and discounts should be itemized in the contract
- A 60 Second marketing video that doesn’t display the name of the property until the middle or end of the video for promotional purposes
- Space to accommodate 25 vendors in conference location
- Min 35,000 sq ft conf space