Thanks for your interest in becoming a Host Users Group Board Member!
We have listed some benefits and duties below for you to review on becoming a board member. These
points may be helpful to you to demonstrate to your property the return on investment the property
will receive for their support of your tenure as a board member. Please be sure to review all duties as
listed in the duties section of the website and visit the by-laws portion of the website to review the rules that govern the organization.
Please also note the financial obligations to the property regarding travel and lodging costs as listed
below as well the expected time out of office for meeting attendance.
Board Member Benefits
- Involvement in SMS product development
- Yearly meeting with Mr. Michael McCarthy President and CEO of Springer-Miller Systems about product and company direction
- Work closely with various members of the Springer-Miller Systems organization
- Development of personal leadership skills
- Expand the scope of your hospitality knowledge
- Networking opportunities
- Making Industry contacts
- Opportunity to travel to destination resorts
- Client / Vendor Relationship strengthening
- Industry Education
- Springer-Miller dollars for conference attendance as a board member (Currently $500)
- HUG Conference fee waived
- Travel costs for HUG Conference reduced by 50%
If you have any questions about being a board member, please contact Rich Morehouse via email at
- 2 Year term required as acting board member.
- Your property must provide a signed letter of approval and support from property GM on company letterhead
- Conference calls once per month. Bi-weekly conference calls in the last month preceding HUG Conference.
- Attendance at regular meetings
- Willingness to grow, learn, and help direct the opportunities for the membership